Only 4.75"??? Thats not practical!!!!!
Well, no it isn't, but it sure is fun. I've never met anyone who shot this and said they were bored. This is an epic little noise maker and will brighten any range day, literally. You can probably light a cigarette three lanes over from the muzzle flash alone.
Looking for extreme accuracy? This ain't the upper for you. Can you hit a IPSC sized steel target at 100 yards? Yes you can.
We build these to eat any commercially manufactured ammo you feed them. They don't care if it is high dollar US produced 5.56 NATO or the cheapest Romanian steel case you can find. It will function with all of it.
With 5.56 NATO M193 it's gassy on a carbine buffer. We'd reccoment an H2 if that's what you are shooting. If you are blasting cheap imported steel case, a standard carbine buffer will probably do well.
In reality our uppers are extremely well built with attention to detail paid to every step of the process. We use only components that we are familiar with and have been using to great sucess for years. We inspect and prep every part prior to assembly, then test fire and confirm accuracy with each unit.
- 4.75" 5.56 NATO 1:7 nitride treated barrel
- Chamber honed to improve reliability
- Feedramps polished
- Gas port pin gaged at .062" for optimal function with all types of ammunition
- Bore and chamber inspected for defects and burrs
- Headspace checked with PT&G go and no-go gages
- Azimuth precision ground BCG with 9310 bolt and billet extractor
- Aero Precision 4.8" Atlas R-One MLOK handguard
- Milspec forged upper receiver - hard coat anodized
- Set screw gas block checked for fit and secured by set screw in dimple
- Charging handle with extended latch
- M249 SAW style flash hider
We test these with commercially produced 5.56 NATO loads and recommend you use only name brand new manufacture 5.56x45 ammunition. You are welcome to use cheap steel case if you wish, but you will see a decrease in barrel life and reliability. It won't void your warranty. We will not warranty any issues arrising from the use of reloaded or commercially remanufactured ammunition.
This upper is to be used on pistols or registed short barreled rifles only. All NFA regulations apply.